Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Socks! Yarn! & a Question about Darning

After much ado (including running out of yarn & having to order a second skein from the States), Lovely Husband's socks are finished:



Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL color #182 (approx. 500 yds)
Needles: 2.5 mm
Pattern: Oxo Ripple Cable pattern (19 st. repeat, 76 sts.)

He is thrilled with them, and so am I.



And, of course, when I had to purchase a second skein, I figured I might as well order some yarn for myself, so I got this Berocco Ultra Alpaca in pea-soup mix for Norah Gaughan's Brea Bag. I just adore her patterns, and this will be the first one I make.




& this Ultra Alpaca Light in peat mix for this Sofia Shrug.

Now that I am knitting socks, I want to know how to darn socks. Can anyone recommend a good source for teaching this? I love the idea of darning socks, of having a sock that lasts and lasts and lasts.

No comments: